Meet the IRT’s Student Advisory Board Members

JASMINE MA

My name is Jasmine Ma, and I am from Montréal, Canada. I am an 11th grader at Phillips Academy, and I currently serve on the student advisory board for the IRT. Growing up, my family moved around a lot, so I have encountered many different learning communities with various degrees of diversity. Reflecting on those experiences made me recognize the vitality of diversity in shaping the way that I think and live, and this is why I wanted to contribute to the IRT’s mission. At the IRT, I am currently working on increasing the presence and awareness of the IRT across the Phillips Academy community and creating potential collaborations between the IRT and the centers for research at Phillips Academy. I am also an avid flute player and I love reading philosophy.

ALEENA KIBRIA

Hi IRT friends!!! My name is Aleena, and I recently joined the IRT as a student advisor. During my 11th grade year at Phillips Academy, I am spending my free time managing Girls Varsity Basketball and running clubs/affinity spaces like Curly Hair Club and Asian Women Empowerment. For the Harry Potter fans in IRT, I’m sure you’ve heard of a prefect! I have a similar leadership role in the dorms, and I’m also a mentor for the Af-Lat-Am Mentorship program. I try to have most of my roles on campus focused on working within my community and striving to support the underserved communities on campus. Joining the IRT board is another important organization I wanted to associate with because of my goal of commitments in this field. As a program kid myself (NJ SEEDS), I wanted to reach out and create a network amongst college-bound students like myself and the graduate students of IRT! Right now, I am working to bring an IRT alum to Phillips Academy as an All-School-Meeting Speaker, or to be part of a speaker series of IRT alum. Please reach out if you are interested or have any questions! 🙂

One thought on “Meet the IRT’s Student Advisory Board Members”