On Tuesday, December 4, 2018, Leislie Godo-Solo, IRT education programs specialist, traveled to Brown University to conduct an IRT informational session for prospective students.
Later that evening, Leislie and Asabe Poloma, assistant dean for international students and associate director, Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship, Office of the Dean of the College, organized a dinner for IRT alumni near Brown’s campus.
IRT alumni in attendance included:
- Omar Galarraga, IRT ’98—Associate Professor, Brown University
- Mariahadessa Ekere Tallie, IRT ’17—Ph.D. student, Theatre/Performance Studies, Brown University
- Bryan Natividad, IRT ’17—Ph.D. student, Sociology, Brown University
- Gail Sidney, IRT ’07—Access Coordinator, CCRI
- Nicole Gervasio, IRT ’10—Post-doctoral fellow, Brown University
“Although I had assisted a number of students with their SOP critiques, we had never met in person. Their voices had echoed in my ears for months, so it was exciting to finally meet them personally.” Leislie Godo-Solo
Amidst the laughter, stories, and good food the gathering was a wonderful opportunity for IRT alumni now working as professionals and graduate students in the Providence area to network and connect as an IRT community.
Other IRT alumni interested in similar gatherings should email the IRT office at email@example.com.