The IRT Alumni Network is an online private network built exclusively for IRT alumni to connect with each other. If you’re an IRT alum looking to build your professional network, or become a mentor, or even just keep in touch with the IRT community – this is THE best place. The entire IRT team is thrilled to be able to offer a space where the global IRT community can stay connected with each other. As we continue to expand the IRT Alumni Network we hope it will be used as an invaluable resource.
- Start making connections today – Use the IRT Alumni Network to connect with more than 2,400 IRT alumni around the world. Search by geography, career, and more.
- Expand your professional network – Explore careers and mentoring opportunities and connect with rising professionals in your industry.
- Reconnect with your friends, meet new IRT alumni, and share what’s new in your lives.
- Get Involved – Learn more about how you can volunteer with the IRT.
- Post a job opening – Let other alumni know of job opportunities.
I used to think of networking as a “dirty” word that conveyed images of people wearing stiff suits, holding cocktails, and pretending to be someone they are not in order to get a job or secure money for a business deal. While this is still a pervasive image that comes to mind when I think about networking, the IRT has caused me to think about networking in much more applicable, authentic, and holistic way. This is because the IRT focuses on the authenticity of the network, not the false pretenses that come with hollow actions of networking.
Continue reading “Profile: Brighid Dwyer, IRT ’01”
On Tuesday, December 4, 2018, Leislie Godo-Solo, IRT education programs specialist, traveled to Brown University to conduct an IRT informational session for prospective students.
Later that evening, Leislie and Asabe Poloma, assistant dean for international students and associate director, Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship, Office of the Dean of the College, organized a dinner for IRT alumni near Brown’s campus.
Continue reading “IRT Alumni—Providence, RI”