Executive Director, October 2019

Brooks photoThe start of the school year is one of my favorite times of the year. The energy and buzz, the excitement, and the anticipation of a fresh start. Of course, we all love the summer. And this summer, I had the pleasure of witnessing my first full summer workshop. I am thankful to the tremendous faculty and staff, who work tirelessly to support our students.

Our Interns and Associates are inspiring. After observing your growth throughout the workshop as well as the advising process, we are all rooting for you.

Another reason why I love the new school year is that it allows us to reflect on our past learnings, and put them immediately into action. These are lessons for all of us. As a staff, we are excited to support 130+ Scholars in their graduate admissions process. Further, we are grateful for our alumni, and we are preparing to launch an alumni networking site this fall.

As we reflect on our previous year, we look forward to our new class. We are excited by your ideas and dedication throughout this process. I am eager to continue to meet all of you and to continue to support the IRT. Together, we can work to ensure that this new school year will be a great one.